Join our Staff
Do you enjoy working with children?
Our church has openings for nursery workers to provide attentive, loving care to babies and children while their parents are attending Sunday morning worship or other functions at church. You will care for children ages birth through 3 years. You will also communicate with parents as they drop off and pick up their children, and straighten the room at the end of the shift. Training is provided.
We are looking for a caring Christian person who is committed to the mission, vision, and ministry of our church, and has:
- Experience in directly caring for infants and children, including diaper changing
- High school diploma (or equivalent) preferred; ideal for college student
- Physical requirements: Ability to lift and carry infants/children up to 25 lbs., to move around as necessary to care for/play with children and ensure their safety, good vision and hearing
- Love of young children and understanding of their behavior and development
- Effective communication skills with children and parents
- Sundays, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Other times during the week, to be determined
Contact Maria Oakes at (214) 363-4393 or email@example.com
A criminal background check is conducted on all persons who are offered positions at the United Methodist Church of Preston Hollow.